Whenever we’re in dire need of reaching that perfect balance between work and our personal life, there are many things that can help us. We can look for tips on how to achieve said balance, or ask for the help of people close to us. But how about learning from inspirational figures who show that balancing life and work is not impossible? Today, we thought we would provide you with 10 amazing work-life balance quotes from people who prove you can indeed have it all. Let’s have a look!
10 Work-Life Balance Quotes to Remember
1. You don’t have to make yourself miserable to be successful. It’s natural to look back and mythologize the long nights and manic moments of genius, but success isn’t about working hard, it’s about working smart. – Andrew Wilkinson
2. Balance activity with serenity, wealth and simplicity, persistence with innovation, community with solitude, familiarity with adventure, constancy with change, leading with following. – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
3. I believe that being successful means having a balance of success stories across the many areas of your life. You can’t truly be considered successful in your business life if your home life is in shambles. – Zig Ziglar
4. Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air. You name them — work, family, health, friends and spirit and you’re keeping all of these in the air. You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. But the other four balls — family, health, friends, and spirit — are made of glass. If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged, or even shattered. They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for balance in your life. – Brian Dyson
5. Don’t take things too seriously. I would never de-value the importance of your business; but it’s not worth sacrificing your life for. – Ben Yoskovitz
6. You will never feel truly satisfied by work until you are satisfied by life. – Heather Schuck
7. I also think that employees these days expect less of a separation of work and personal life. That doesn’t mean that work tasks should encroach upon our personal time, but it does mean that employees today expect more from the companies for whom they work. Why shouldn’t your workplace reflect your values? – Marc Benioff
8. Burnout is about resentment. [Preventing it is] about knowing yourself well enough to know what it is you’re giving up that makes you resentful. – Marissa Mayer
9. Imagine working 20% smarter instead of 20% longer. Work-life balance and startup success at any stage aren’t mutually exclusive. There are enough hours in the day to be effective and present. – David Cummings
10. I tend to lose track of what is important in life when I am running around the office. A vacation with my family helps correct that. Your entrepreneurial spirit should help build what is important…not destroy it. – Kyle Lacy
These amazing work-life balance quotes have definitely inspired us. We hope you feel as inspired and you manage to integrate them into your daily life.
Image Source: here.