You have decided to use your Twitter activity to turn yourself into a discoverable person and grow your expertise. That’s a magnificent way to approach this matter, but do you know how to do it? Have you unraveled the secrets of using the almighty Twitter? If not, then let us take you on a short trip through its corridors.
Using Your Twitter Activity to Build up Your Expertise
The first thing you need to do is learn how to use your Twitter account appropriately. Here are some massive pointers which are bound to get you ahead.
- Thoroughly complete your account. This idea means that you must not leave out any piece of information nor must you leave any blank fields so as not to leave people wondering about you.
- Don’t forget to add a photo. Change the egg and add a 400 X 400 pic. Not a funny selfie but a smart and casual full frontal pic of you which will ooze professionalism.
- Once you choose the pic, don’t change it because it will confuse people. Since it’s so small, it will take people a while to get used to, and when they do, you don’t want to change it.
- Add a beautiful and original background photo. It must be around 1500 X 500 pixels. Any smaller and it will look pixelated and definitely not like you have expertise in anything. Any bigger and Twitter will crop it an unaesthetic fashion.
Let’s now take a look at the second thing you need to do about your Twitter activity if you want to showcase your expertise. And that is learning how to tweet. You might think it’s rudimentary and self-explanatory, but if you want to build your expertise, you should know all the ins and outs.
- Although a tweet must have a maximum of 140 characters, never use them all because you have to give other the possibility of expressing themselves. Try to keep it within 100. In this way, you give a far better chance to people of retweeting you. If they have some space to write their personal thoughts beside yours, they will retweet you. If not, they might just skip.
- Don’t be constantly talking about yourself. No one wants to read endless tweets about that. Even though we are talking about you building your expertise by using your Twitter activity, there are cleverer ways to do that than by starting every tweet with ‘I.’
- If you upload a relevant image or GIF, you are far more likely to attract attention than with a simple comment. Therefore, try this instead.
The third, and final step toward building your expertise via your Twitter activity is this one. Start tweeting. Now. Yes, you heard us. Go ahead and start tweeting like crazy every chance you get. The sooner, the better, the more, the better. How else can you show you’re an expert in your field?
Image source: 1