If you have a small business, and you’re already thinking about a social media marketing strategy, then allow us to tell you that you’re already on your way to making it big in your industry. We can’t even begin to tell you just how important a social media marketing strategy truly is when it comes to promoting a business.
Even though it may seem a tad daunting, if you follow the steps we’ve outlined for you, there is no way you can make a mistake.
7 Steps to a Successful Social Media Marketing Strategy
Step 1. What is your target?
To be able to identify your target, you can either employ a demographic research or just answer these questions.
- What category of people are you trying to reach?
- Where are these people located?
- What are they currently talking about?
Step 2. What is your message?
A successful social media strategy needs a clearly defined message. Answer these questions to get to your desired message.
- Can you identify your customers’ problems or wishes?
- Do you have a unique selling proposition or USP?
- If you do, can you communicate it in an efficient manner to your clients?
- Will you be able to approach the social media channels with a solution to your customers’ problems?
Step 3. You need to set your goals
- Why exactly did you feel the need to use social media?
- What are you hoping to get out of this process?
- What does a successful conversion mean to you?
- Can you turn that conversion into profit?
Step 4. What exactly are you putting into the social world?
A valuable social media marketing strategy doesn’t mean that you have to add some more background noise on top of the existing social one. Instead, you should try to come up with original and exciting content.
- Will the content that you were planning on putting out there prove to be valuable and of interest to your customers?
- What is the type of content which you are going to produce?
- What is the type of content which will attract the most customers toward you and your business?
Step 5. Setting a budget and a schedule for your project or small business
A great social media marketing strategy will always think in terms of resources.
- How much time, energy, money, tools, and staff do you need to get this going?
- Who is the leader?
- Do you need to outsource anything and if so, what exactly and how much will it cost you?
Step 6. Benchmarks and limits
This idea means that you must understand you can never do it all or cover all the social media venues. Therefore, limit yourself to just a few of them. You can cover the rest at a later time.
- What platforms will you be using?
- What is the content which you will put on each of those platforms?
- When can you produce the content for each?
- Can you measure their success? If so, how?
Step 7. First, you apply, then you wait, and finally you test and tweak
Make sure you set a time limit for your project or goal. It should be at least a few months. During this period, stick to your social media marketing strategy and don’t mess with it. After that time has passed, you can test it. If it works, allow it to continue. If not, you can make the necessary adjustments.
A successful social media marketing strategy is all about the details. And, evidently, following the steps we’ve laid out for you.
Image source: 1