Instagram has released the numbers for the top-followed accounts of 2016, and pop star Selena Gomez has snagged the top spot with 103 million followers, unseating Taylor Swift (93.6 million).
Women dominated the top spots, taking the first five spots and eight of the top 10. Cristiano Ronaldo (No. 6) and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson (No. 8) were the only men who made the list.
As to whose star is rising the fastest, Gomez and Ronaldo gained the most followers in 2016, at 50 million and 42 million respectively, according to People.
Here is the full list:
- Selena Gomez (@selenagomez) – 103 million followers
- Taylor Swift (@taylorswift) – 93.6 million followers
- Ariana Grande (@arianagrande) – 89.6 million followers
- Beyoncé (@beyonce) – 88.9 million followers
- Kim Kardashian (@kimkardashian) – 87.8 million followers
- Cristiano Ronaldo (@cristiano) – 82.3 million followers
- Kylie Jenner (@kyliejenner) – 79.5 million followers
- Dwayne Johnson (@therock) – 71 million followers
- Nicki Minaj (@nickiminaj) – 69 million followers
- Kendall Jenner (@kendalljenner) – 68.9 million followers
This article was posted originally by Business Insider.