Most of us suffer from what they call ‘shiny object syndrome.’ It means, although we have many goals and perspectives, we typically fail to achieve them because we get so easily distracted. However, if you strive to cultivate your success mindset, not only can you beat the shiny object syndrome and meet your goals, but you can do it faster than ever imagined.
Refreshing Ways to Cultivate Your Success Mindset
1. Create your to-do list for the next day the night before. It will help you sleep better and relax all the way knowing you already have a plan of battle for the day that follows. It will also help you manage your time better and finish all your task in due course.
2. Make sure that your to-do list is both prioritized and highly-prioritized for a real success mindset. Start off your morning by working on high priority projects first. Do not stop no matter what. If necessary, turn off your phone and email so that no one can disturb you, ask you to do different things or give you other tasks.
3. If you don’t like to or cannot create a high priority list, here’s an alternative. Start your day by doing the task you dread most. Once you finish it, everything else will seem like a walk in the park to you.
4. If you want to cultivate your success mindset, then you need to begin making executive decisions. Remember you are the CEO of both your private and professional life. This idea means that you need to assume responsibility as such and start taking charge. A great tip here is to act as if you receive a paycheck for working like this.
5. Perform some risk management every time you need to make one of these decisions. It might sound overly complicated and scary, but it’s not. Don’t worry. In fact, risk management has a thoroughly simple equation. Here is how it goes: if I do this, then that will happen.
You can even put pen to paper on this one so that you don’t forget the details, reasoning, and arguments later on.
6. Think with your mind, not your heart. In other words, distance yourself as much as you can from your emotional side. Never make any decisions if you are angry, excited, happy, sad or frustrated. Take a step back or let some time wash over you. Then and only then can you make a right decision.
7. If you’re working on your success mindset, then you need to be able to accept both positive and negative reviews. You know what they say. If you can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen! Always keep this piece of advice in mind.
Building a success mindset is one of the most crucial things you will ever do not only in your professional life but your life as a whole. It will help you achieve your goals and be the successful person you always wanted to be.
Image source: 1